Values & Ethos
Our agreed core principles:
Kindness, Courage & Character
In addition, we have twelve values which we explore in more depth. These are friendship; forgiveness; truthfulness; generosity; justice; respect; kindness; courage; service; thankfulness; perseverance; trust.
These principles and values are explored on a four-year cycle, which also allows time to observe the Church calendar, national and cultural events and festivals of other faiths and cultures.
To view how we explore each of our core values, click here.
The school also explores themes from Social and Emotional Aspect of Learning, including:
- New beginnings
- Getting on and falling out
- Good to be me
- Going for goals
The Main School Rule is ‘Everyone will act with courtesy and consideration to others at all times.‘
- We will treat others and their belongings with respect
- We will be kind to each other in every way possible
- We will have kind hands and feet. We always speak politely to everyone
- In class, we make it as easy as possible for everyone to learn and enjoy school
- We move gently and quietly around the school
- We are quiet whenever we are required to be
- We keep school clean and tidy so that it is a welcoming place of which we can be proud
- We take care of our wildlife, trees and gardens